The UQ Oral Health Centre Patient Clinics provide specialised, quality oral healthcare to all members of the public, from babies to senior citizens.
As a teaching facility for our students, our clinics feature state-of-the-art dental technologies and facilities, and treatments are based on the latest research in evidence-based practice. Our undergraduate students study and train for five years to become dentists and our postgraduate students are qualified dentists studying to become dental specialists. All treatment is supervised by practitioners registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Our clinics offers a range of dental services including:
- general dentistry (check-ups, scaling and polishing and fillings)
- endodontics (root canal treatment)
- oral medicine
- oral surgery
- periodontics (management of gum disease)
- preventive dentistry and oral health therapy
- paedodontics (children’s dentistry)
- prosthodontics (crowns, bridges and dentures)
The UQ Oral Health Centre Patient Clinics treat patients who hold a valid Concession Card.
Welcome from the Head of School
It is my great pleasure to welcome you to The University of Queensland’s Oral Health Centre Patient Clinics website.
The School of Dentistry is a world leader in oral health education and research. We are committed to developing the next generation of leading dental professionals, whose work will solve the challenges of dental disease and improve the quality of life for countless patients.
As one of the premier dental schools in the southern hemisphere, the School has a tradition of high achievement in teaching, research and the provision of quality oral health care to the community through our Patient Clinics.
I look forward to welcoming you to the Oral Health Centre where you will experience firsthand the future of dental education and community oral health care. Our purpose-built Patient Clinics are unlike any other, offering exceptional dental treatments and care for the community.
Associate Professor Pauline Ford
Head of School
UQ School of Dentistry
- To be a global leader in dental education and research
The mission of the UQ School of Dentistry is to:
- Enhance knowledge through research and education
- Achieve internationally benchmarked standards of teaching and learning
- Produce workforce ready dental professionals
- provide an environment to maximise individual potential
- Play a leadership role within the profession and the community
Patient Costs and Fees
Concession Card Holders
If you hold a current concession card you will be exempt from fees regarding your treatment (excluding orthodontic treatment and products). You will need to present the card to the reception staff allowing it to be recorded on your patient record.
- Pursuit of excellence
- Mutual respect and diversity